TERA Online is an upcoming highly anticipated subscription MMORPG from the team of Bluehole Studios, Frogster Interactive Pictures, and En Masse Entertainment. TERA’s story is simple: the world is under siege by evil gods, monsters, and beings from the underworld, and it’s up to the players to stand against their onslaught to save the world.
True action combat is the main draw here, meaning fighting will be based on actual player skill. For example, in order to avoid getting hit in combat, a player must dodge attacks, and not just stand in place and rely on an arbitrary armor or skill rating. There will be no factions, either. Players simply choose from seven races and eight classes and take on quests and over 600 monsters.
TERA Online is currently set for a May 1 release date.
- True Action Combat | Breaks away from the mundane ‘point & click’ combat to a more engaging and interactive method, based on actual player aim, position, timing, and overall skill.
- Vast Fantasy World | Thousands of quests across 80+ zones; 7 races; 8 character classes; 600 + monsters.
- Epic Monster Battles | “Big ass monster battles” against an advanced enemy AI.
- Stunning Graphics | Amazing and lovely game scenery powered by Unreal Engine 3.
- Vibrant Online Community | No factions exist in TERA, making character interaction for social, political, and economic reasons much more necessary.
- Choice of Control | Will play equally well with mouse & keyboard or game controller.
NA Beta Schedule
Closed Beta Test 1: February 10 – 12 Closed Beta Test 2: February 24 – 26
- Closed Beta Test 3: March 9 – 11
- Closed Beta Test 4: March 23 – 25
- Closed Beta Test 5: April 6 – 8
- Pre Character Creation & Name reservation:(undisclosed date.)
- Open Beta Test: April 19 – 22
- Head Start: April 28 – May 1